Saturday, June 30, 2012

Open question for Aspies, and employers

As an Aspie, is it a good idea to mention that you have Asperger's during a job interview?  

The cons, of course, are obvious, especially in this job market.  The pros, though, are that if you don't, and you end up in a situation that pushes your Aspie buttons, how can you get out of it?  

What, WHAT is the best thing to do?  Anyone who employs people, what is your advice?

I admit here and I now that I just don't know.  I don't have a clue.  And as it is a rather pertinent issue, well, please discuss and comment and elucidate!  If commenting here gives you fits (I HATE captchas), please comment on FB or Google+.

And maybe we will, working together, find the answer.  

Cheers!

EA

1 comment:

  1. I recently found myself with a new supervisor. I'm easing him into the news that he's now the boss of an Aspie. My other co-workers don't know I'm a (most likely but undiagnosed) Aspie. They just think I'm that weird guy that sometimes walks away from conversations when I get bored/uncomfortable with them.

    ReplyDelete