Tuesday, June 19, 2012

EA taking a break, and yes, her Aspie brain is a biiiiit worried

Well, everyone, now that I have gotten better at writing blog posts, and I am SURE you all hang on my every word...I am here to tell you that I am going to be gone for a few days.  I am, in fact, going to spend a few days on the East Bay visiting with friends that I haven't seen since I graduated from Berkeley.  In 1998.  14 years later, it is time for a reunion.

Of course, these are people I knew and were friends with back in 1998.  When I was pretty much at my worst Aspie self.  We three lived in Westminster house at UC Berkeley, and I wince, just WINCE, at my memories of how I acted during that time.    Sure, I could blame it on being an Aspie and not knowing it, but see my previous post for reasons I can't give myself such an easy out.

So I hope and pray and thank God that grudges won't have been held over 14 years.  And I thank God that these are people who KNOW I am an Aspie and will be forgiving.  And I am sweating, hoping and praying, that I don't make a mistake.  Please, oh please, let me remember everything I have learned about how to function in society and know what to say and have practiced and rehearsed so I can have fun and NOT be an idiot, upset or annoy people, act stupid, say the wrong thing, etc.  Please.

And this SHOULD be a great, great time.  Unfortunately, for the Aspie great times that include people are fraught.  So I will pray, and I will be honest, and I will enjoy myself.  And if it tires me out, it is part of the price I must always pay to be a normal, socializing person.  You know what?  It's worth it.  It really is.

See you next week, mes amis!

EA

No comments:

Post a Comment